Plot EditWhen the winnings of a poker game between Weevil, Duncan, Logan, and other 09ers goes missing, Veronica decides to investigate.
Arc significance Edit
- Veronica confronts Jake Kane at the party about the surveillance photos sent to her mom. Jake denies knowing about them, but leaves while grabbing Celeste and saying, "What did you do?" to her.
- Aaron Echolls is stabbed by a jealous former lover, which results in his wife learning of her husband's infidelity with other women.
Main Cast Edit
- Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars
- Percy Daggs III as Wallace Fennel
- Teddy Dunn as Duncan Kane
- Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls
- Francis Capra as Eli "Weevil" Navarro
- Enrico Colantoni as Keith Mars
Guest Stars Edit
- Lisa Rinna as Lynn Echolls
- Lisa Thornhill as Celeste Kane
- Kevin Sheridan as Sean Friedrich
- Travis Schuldt as Connor Larkin
- Emmanuelle Vaugier as Monica Hadwin
- Harry Hamlin as Aaron Echolls
- Kyle Secor as Jake Kane
- "Little Bit More" - Tony C. & the Truth
- "Slow Hands" - Interpol
- "Saturday Night" - Ozomatli
- "Camp-Fire" - Starling Electric
- "Carol of the Bells" - Rafael Padilla
- "Little Drummer Boy" - The Dandy Warhols
Production details Edit
- This episode was originally supposed to air after "Silence of the Lamb".
Quotes and trivia Edit
- Veronica: Hey.
- Weevil: See, there you go with that head-tilt thing. You know, you think you're all badass, but whenever you need something it's all, "Hey."
- Veronica: Just be glad I don't flip my hair. I'd own you.
- Logan: This is why I suggested attack dogs. But no, my mother wanted an alpaca.
- [Veronica and Weevil load their plates at the elegant Echolls Christmas party.]
- Weevil: Seriously, don't I just blend right in? Come on. Where's Weevil?
- Logan: Ho....Ho....
- [Looks at Veronica.]
- Logan: Ho.
- [Weevil stomps on Logan's books.]
- Logan: If you're asking me to the prom again, the answer is still no.
- Weevil: You're concerned? I'm the one who's gotta go up into the hills, all by myself. What if I run into a pack of you white boys, eh, on some clean, well lit street. I could be bored to death.
- Logan: Fine. It's a thousand dollars in ten crisp one hundred dollar bills.
- [Weevil starts to walk away]
- Logan: We don't take food stamps.
- Weevil: Ouch, you got me.
- Logan: Do you even know how to play poker?
- Veronica: No. But it must be really hard if all you guys play it.
- The closing line, "No, Veronica, there is no Santa Claus" is a reference to the classic essay "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus".