Plot EditBeaver suspects that his new stepmom, Kendall, is sleeping around on his dad, so he hires Veronica to find out. What she discovers is that his dad is cheating his company's investors.
But the biggest surprise is saved for Veronica when Sheriff Lamb tells her a body was found on the beach with "Veronica Mars" written on his hand.
Arc significance Edit
- In Chicago, a man sees Alicia and calls her "Cher" and "Cheri."
- The body on the beach was David "Curly" Moran. He was a mechanic who had been the stunt coordinator on Aaron Echolls' first big movie, The Long Haul.
- Beaver gets pictures of Logan and Kendall together and shows them to his dad, Big Dick, but his dad isn't concerned about that. Instead, Big Dick tells his employees to shred everything and leaves in a helicopter before the SEC arrive.
- "I Turn My Camera On" - Spoon
- "Smoke It" - The Dandy Warhols
- Wallace: What're you lookin' at?
- Veronica: Just... tawdriness.
- Wallace: ...What're you lookin' at now?
- Veronica: The opposite of tawdriness. Wallace and his pudding cup.
- Mr. Pope: Now, you may invest your money any way you see fit, as long as it's legal.
- Dick: Dude, dog racing is totally legal.
- Mr. Pope: But hardly lucrative, as I recall from your performance last year.
- Wallace: Wh-- You met Jackie, right?
- Veronica: I didn't realize you were lunch buddies.
- Wallace: I'm going for lunch buddies with privileges. Help a brother out.
- Veronica: Well if you wanna play in her league, you'd better hide your little pudding.
- [Wallace grabs the pudding cup and hides it on the bench. He sees that Veronica is sceptical.]
- Wallace: Hey, I like her, okay? Retract claws.
- [Veronica holds out her hands, spreading her fingers.]
- Veronica: Claws, what claws?
- Logan: My very own guardian angel.
- Veronica: [frosty] Don't flatter yourself. The only reason I came here is so I won't have to feel responsible.
- Logan: Yeah, what, responsible for what?
- Veronica: For taking pictures of you and Kendall playing house. Don't take it the wrong way, Logan, it was a job, nothing more.
- [Veronica marches to the door]
- Logan: Right, and so you storm out in a burst of professionalism.
- [Veronica whirls back to face him, backing out of the room]
- Veronica: I suggest you start locking your doors.
- "Cheatty Cheatty Bang Bang" is a reference to the film musical "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"
- Courtney Taylor-Taylor, Lead singer of The Dandy Warhols (who do the opening credits theme song "We Used to Be Friends") has a cameo as the singer of "Love Hurts" at the karaoke bar.
- Despite being credited, Francis Capra (Eli “Weevil” Navarro) does not appear in this episode.
- This episode had an estimated audience size of 3.03 million US viewers on its first airing.