Plot EditWhen Veronica is arrested for selling fake IDs, she has to figure out who set her up. This leads her to investigate a secret society at Neptune High.
Veronica bugs the guidance office to listen in on the grief counseling sessions for the people closest to Lilly Kane.
Arc significance Edit
- During Rebecca James' grief counseling sessions, Logan confesses that he and Lilly Kane were broken up when she died and it was because Veronica saw him kissing someone else.
- Weevil also confesses, during a grief counseling session, that he had secretly dated Lilly, but she had gone back to Logan.
- During Duncan's session, he says that he blacked out for three days after Lilly's murder and can't remember anything about it. He mentions his medication, leading Veronica to wonder about what is wrong with him.
- After Aaron finds out his wife, Lynn, was the one giving him bad press, he threatens her with divorce. Later, her car shows up on a bridge and it is implied that she committed suicide.
Main Cast Edit
- Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars
- Percy Daggs III as Wallace Fennel
- Teddy Dunn as Duncan Kane
- Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls
- Francis Capra as Eli "Weevil" Navarro
- Enrico Colantoni as Keith Mars
Guest Stars Edit
- Lisa Rinna as Lynn Echolls
- Michael Muhney as Don Lamb
- Daran Norris as Cliff McCormack
- J.D. Pardo as Rick
- Paula Marshall as Rebecca James
- Harry Hamlin as Aaron Echolls
- "All They Ever Do Is Talk" - Earlimart
- "Army of One" - Adam Hamilton
- "Feel So Free" - Ivy
- Wallace: This mission better involve me seducing the head cheerleader.
- Veronica: I need you to poke around and see if you can get me a fake ID. If you must seduce the head cheerleader in order to accomplish your mission, so be it.
- Wallace: No sweat. How do I do that?
- Veronica: Play on her insecurity.
- Veronica: Hi, Dad. Their case is fuzzy and circumstantial.
- Keith: [to Cliff McCormack] You know the odd thing? Those were also her first words.
- Veronica: This doesn't make sense. Someone had to open that locker. How else could they have gotten the money? How else could they have gotten Wallace's name?
- Wallace: Veronica, I'm still here, you know?
- Veronica: [about to take photos of the Tritons] Say repressed homosexuality!
- The episode's title is a play Clash of the Titans, a movie starring Harry Hamlin, the actor who portrays Aaron Echolls.
- Veronica is forced to perform at a karaoke bar, showcasing the singing ability that has landed Kristen Bell several roles in musicals over the years. She sings of Blondie's "One Way or Another," taunting the Tritons.
- In the scene in Sheriff Lamb's office when Veronica calls Rick on her cell phone, the shadow of the camera appears on the back of the leather chair in which she is sitting as it dollies in for the close up.