Plot EditJustin Smith hires Veronica to his father, whom he believes to dead, as part of a ploy to spend time with her. Ultimately, Veronica tracks Justin's father to San Diego and discovers that he is now a woman--the same woman who's been driving to Neptune every week to see Justin at his video store job.
Meanwhile, Veronica and Troy's relationship deepens. Keith meets Veronica's guidance counselor, Rebecca James. And Duncan, who has temporarily gone off his medication, hallucinates a conversation with Lilly and jumps off a set of bleachers in a manic episode.
Arc significance Edit
- Veronica tries to find her mother.
- Going cold turkey from his medications, Duncan hallucinates Lilly telling him that the secret of what really happened the day she was murdered will come out.
Main Cast Edit
- Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars
- Percy Daggs III as Wallace Fennel
- Teddy Dunn as Duncan Kane
- Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls
- Francis Capra as Eli "Weevil" Navarro
- Sydney Tamiia Poitier as Mallory Dent
- Enrico Colantoni as Keith Mars
Guest Stars Edit
- Melissa Leo as Julia
- Aaron Ashmore as Troy Vandegraff
- Lisa Thornhill as Celeste Kane
- Amanda Seyfried as Lilly Kane
- Bobby Edner as Justin Smith
- Paula Marshall as Rebecca James
- Kyle Secor as Jake Kane
- "No Blue Sky" - The Thorns
- "Art" - Louque
- "Goodbye World" - Luke Adams
- "Edge of the Ocean" - Ivy
- "Rock and a Hard Place" - Supreme Beings of Leisure
- "What Are You Afraid Of?" - West Indian Girl
- Keith: Part of me is proud… and let's just leave it at that.
- Veronica: Hey, would you do me a favor?
- Wallace: Why did all the hair on the back of my neck just stick up?
- Keith: How was your date?
- Veronica: Oh, you know. Lousy conversation, but the sex was fantastic.
- Keith: That's not funny.
- Veronica: I don't know. I'm pretty sure it was.
- Keith: It's that just I never want you to think your mom's the villain in all this.
- Veronica: Isn't she?
- Keith: No, it's not that simple.
- Veronica: Yeah, it is. The hero is the one that stays, and the villain is the one that splits.
- Troy: Wanna know what I'm doing this weekend.
- Veronica: I'm guessing it involves auto-eroticism.
- Duncan: Remember how things used to be?
- Veronica: [voiceover] You mean between us? Or before Lilly died? Or two weeks ago before your friend took an interest in me?
- Duncan: Veronica?
- Veronica: Not really, no.
- Veronica shows Justin his 1st grade report card that states that his father died earlier that year. Later, Justin tells his father that he thought he was dead since he was 11. The ages do not match up.
- The handwriting on John Smith's post-it that Veronica finds in the parking lot changes from print to script from the time she picks it up to when she compares it to the scholarship letter.
- While Veronica is driving Duncan to the hospital, they pass the same auto body shop twice.
- When Duncan goes into the hospital, the doctor puts x-rays on the light-box which clearly show a hoop earring that Duncan does not have.